TI GEGONEN in John 14:22

Mark Wilson emory2oo2 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:27:04 EDT 2001

I wrote concerning this awkward construction:

-----
> > Take it as "How will it occur/happen/be fulfilled that ..."
> >
> > Much can be gleaned by how Jesus answers
> > the question put to him. Note that Jesus does not address
> > a "what" or a "why."
------

Here is JB Phillips on this verse:

Then Judas (not Iscariot), said, "Lord, how is it that you are going to make
yourself known to us but not to the world?"

I really was not trying to express a "Future tense" as much as
a "logical consequence," which is how I understand this question.
Although, MELLEIS does look to the future, does it not?