ARSENKOITOS

Joe Crane JoeCrane at NavigatorServices.com
Fri Aug 10 22:28:36 EDT 2001

I fininshed a paper on I Timothy 1:1-12 about two months ago.  The hot-spot of the passage is the translation of ARSENKOITOS (homosexual).  Without getting myself thrown off the list, I would like to solocite some who believe this word to mean something other than the BAGD definition (ie it means an "abusive homosexual partner.")  I am NOT trying to start a theological discussion of whether homosexuality is right or wrong.

The main problem is that it appears that Paul created the word from the juxta-position of Leviticus 20:13, so it is difficult to go to secular Greek and get a good definition of the word.

During my studies of the passage, I only found commentaries, journal articles, etc. that explained the other side.  I am interested in responses from those that actually believe the other side or in links, books, etc. that are from the other side.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Joe Crane
CEO, Navigator Business Services
The Write Tools for Your Business