Son of Man

Timothy E. Mills TEMsMail at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 09:10:27 EDT 2000

Following this thread, I have not seen a refrence to the work of C.H.
Dodd.

Without reviewing his book, his "The Interpretation of the Fourth Gospel"
is a good source for information on the Gospel of John, including the
phrase Son of Man in Biblical and extra-biblical material.  Although not
solely dealing with Son of Man, his tenth chapter, pp 241-249 does deal
with Gnostic sources, as well as similar phrases in Hebrew, eg. Gen 28:
10-22 and John 1:51 (John's first use of the phrase Son of Man.

While this is not light reading, it is worth the work.  I believe the book
is out of print, but I was able to obtain a good copy by going through a
web site specializing in used, rare and out of print books. Other copies
should be available in the market.

V/R
Tim Mills