[approtech] [permaculture] Scythes

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 29 02:17:02 EDT 2009

Lois Grossman wrote:
> I agree with jurgen Botz regarding scything. One of the few places you can
> get European scythes in the Northeast US is through scythesupply.com. They
> do a brisk mail order business, too. I've been using one of their scythes
> for three years and I really enjoy scything and having the vegetation it
> generates for gardening.

Here you go; these are the only sources for scythes, accessories and information you will ever need.

The Vidos (Kai, Peter, Alex and family):
Scytheworks
http://www.scytheworks.ca/
http://www.scytheconnection.com/
They offer for sale an enormous array of Austrian scythes, snaths, sickles and accessories
and an encyclopedia of information, links and reference material.

Scythe Supply
Carol Fishbein
An excellent company with very nice scythes and accessories and lots of interesting, valuable information
and a lovely website.
http://www.scythesupply.com/