[SM-Users] Spells and Grimoires and Dependencies, oh my!!

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Jul 20 19:08:23 EDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:20:32PM -0500, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

> I suspect netpbm is missing a dependency for libxml2.  I've added netpbm
> to my local grimoire and added a dependency of libxml2 to it.  I have a
> cast running right now.  Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

This might be another RTFM question.  If so, please forgive me.  Adding a
dependency of libxml2 to netpbm appears to fix the problem.  But, now I'm
encountering a local grimoire problem.  If I cast netpbm from my local
grimoire it fails with a:

make_single: command not found

It compiles fine(with the added dependency) when cast from the test
grimoire.  But changes made there would be overwritten the next time I do a
"scribe update."  I've searched SourceMage.org but didn't find much info on
make_single.  http://www.SourceMage.org/search turns up one hit for
make_single:

http://www.SourceMage.org/node/1161

But, make_single is nowhere to be found on that page.  A search of
http://wiki.SourceMage.org prodouced one result:

http://wiki.SourceMage.org/Things_Spells_Should_Not_Do

But all that page says about make_single is that it should be used instead
of MAKE_NJOBS(DETAILS).

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org