[SM-Discuss] splitting cvs spells

Juuso Alasuutari iuso at sourcemage.org
Fri Oct 6 06:19:04 EDT 2006

We were discussing this subject with ruskie, and I thought I should ask about
it here: How many prefer having the cvs/devel version of a program integrated
into the mainline spell, and how many think it's generally best to have
separate spells?

I'm for the latter option, it imho makes maintenance much easier both for the
spell in question and for situations where other spells depend on features
that are only found or missing in the cvs version. That's how we handle
versioned dependencies otherwise anyway.

I'm sure ruskie wants to present his point of view here, and others probably
as well. I'd also like to see links to previous discussions, if someone has
those.

--
        Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]