[SM-Discuss] Stage Root Testers

Andrew Stitt afrayedknot at thefrayedknot.armory.com
Tue Jun 13 17:22:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:22:54PM -0700, Andrew wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:03:44PM +0200, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> >
> > The install log makes me ... eeeek!
> >
> > rm: cannot remove `Desktop': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `Desktop': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `OperaDownloads': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `OperaDownloads': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `nedit': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `nedit/nedit-5.5': Is a directory
> > rm: cannot remove `nedit/nedit-5.5/doc': Is a directory
> >
> > That are directories in ~root! Took a look: Yes.. there is no file besides hidden ones and directories left. At least I didn't have something _personally_ important there, but I guess some casting logs are gone now.
> >

> Thanks for testing and reporting this. I'm going to hold off the
> integration until we understand this issue. We think its spell specific
> and have some ideas. David filed a bug to track this, if you could update
> it when you get a chance.

Ok we've tracked this down, the g++ spell had some unintended changes
checked in. I've gone ahead and disabled the offending spell files for now.

Bottom line:

do not do a 'sorcery upgrade' as initially suggested.

Instead cast installwatch from the stage-root grimoire, 'sorcery hold' it,
then remove the grimoire from your grimoire list (you wont be needing it).

I apologize the inconvience, Thomas. Thank you for testing.

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt  | acedit at armory.com    | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead       |      ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C   | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C  |