[SM-Discuss] working x86_64 pure 64-bit environment for download

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Wed Mar 16 21:15:03 EST 2005

Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth at positivism.org>:

> Things I did:
>
> got a working cross-compiled system from benoit, then...
>
> created:
> /root
> /tmp 1777
> /var/tmp 1777
> /home
>
> symlinked /lib64 to /lib and /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib
>
> Things you could do to get it working:
>
> for i in /boot /sys /dev /proc /dev/pts /lib/modules /usr/src/linux; do
>  mount --bind /$i $CHROOT$i
> done
>
> I can build a kernel for people if they need it.  Send me 32-bit config
> and I'll modify and compile.  Or use the test2 iso to install the kernel
> and go from there I believe.
>
> It has all caches, sources, and grimoires used.  It uses stable grimoire
> with a scribbler grimoire with my fixes to spells.  It uses devel
> sorcery at the moment including my latest archspec fixes, but stable
> sorcery works fine if you copy the x86_64 archspec file over from devel
> sorcery.
>
> This chroot has survived two rebuilds and almost all alien files (like
> multilib libc6 headers) have been purged, so it is really pure 64-bit.
> No 32-bit code here.
>
> Please set the root password if you plan on booting to it.  I took mine
> out as I only chroot to it.
>
> http://smgl.positivism.org/x86_64.tar.bz2
> 363 976 450 bytes, 348 megabytes.
> md5sum: 54fa780e1966feddfb75d4b54427626d
>
> Download and test :)

I'm quite grateful for the work being done on this, as I've finally
scrounged up
the cash to purchase an AMD64 and motherboard. So, soon I'll be able to
contribute somewhat. I'll probably be doing dual boot.

I'm looking forward to being able to have a true 64-bit system :)

(soon to be)64-bit Dave
--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring
them all,