[SM-Discuss] xfree86 4.4, mousewheel and the kernel

John T Copeland johnc at neto.com
Thu May 13 12:07:10 EDT 2004

I have a Microsoft PS/2 mouse with wheel and works fine with 2.6.6.  Your
kernel config appears to specify PS/2 mouse interface.  My X11 InputDevice
Section is different than yours.
Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver
#
    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I am using udev and the kernel driver for the PS/2 interface creates the
'/dev/psaux' entery.

Hope this helps.
JohnC