[SM-Commit] GIT changes to master grimoire by Juuso Alasuutari (e6edc2350efa527d385324b620b365120aec010c)
iuso at sourcemage.org
Sun Jan 7 13:26:23 EST 2007
On Sunday 07 January 2007 12:36, seth at swoolley.homeip.net wrote:
> Can you explain each distinct edit you made so we can develop a test plan?
> I'd also like to know why along with each one so we can confirm it.
> On Wednesday I get the final parts for a new box, and I can help you test
> this then.
O boy, walking you through each specific line/edit would be quite a task. I
think most of the diff contents comes from simple reformatting. The history
entry is my attempt to explain all relevant edits, please ask about parts
that seem obscure.
I did test the spell many times on my own box, and it works perfectly. Apart
from the version bump and a few "external" edits (e.g. removing obsoleted
config file vars from udev.conf and adding evaluate_retval calls in coldplug
script), everything else is just streamlining the internal spell workings.
For instance, in both BUILD and INSTALL there were not one but three make
[install] commands. Two of these are redundant: there were separate commands
for the basic compilation and extra targets, when you can actually do it all
in one. What I did for these is save the chosen build targets in _EXTRAS_TARG
in CONFIGURE and append that to a single make [install] in BUILD and INSTALL.
I'm of course glad if you can test it on your box too.
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/sm-commit/attachments/20070107/58d45e28/attachment.bin
More information about the SM-Commit