[permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)

Linda Ray lindaray at att.net
Tue Sep 27 19:33:33 EDT 2016

Hi Larry,
You wrote:"...He also said that nuclear war was a
more serious threat to humnity than climate change. I wish he had not said
that. He should know better...."Endquote.
I hear you, but I happen to agree with that statement of his, and here is why:Also I am pointing out that nowhere does he say that climate change is unimportant, nor to ignore it..

All that Nuclear cr at p (Testing, accidents, and tiny little hotdogging countries posturing, etc.) is part of what has contributed mightily to the onset of climate change, and IMHO is a clear and present danger to this world today. One nuclear strike will do more to accelerate faster climate change than anything else we could do, and that is what I took from that statement, making nukes our greatest danger for the further and faster progression of it.

AFAIAC the awareness of mukes as a contributing cause does not in any way de-prioritize the importance of climate change. It just points out that nukes constitute more of a fast-change threat to the climate, IOW could produce a faster progression of climate change than anything else. Doesn't mean not to address climate change.
JMHO.
Namaste,