[permaculture] Leaving the Evil Empire of Facebook — Medium

Linda Ray lindaray at att.net
Sun Jan 3 21:19:57 EST 2016

The problem I see with programs like facebook is, there doesn't seem to be any real way to track and/or recover valuable data, so it isn't a useful learning tool. That means all it's good for is logistics and gossip. That could be a bad combination.

It *is* a great tool for whipping up lots of people who aren't inclined to think for themselves, and getting them swept up into somebody else's emotional agenda, without having to be fettered by trackable facts.
IMO that makes it an instrument whose only use is peer pressure by those who are susceptible to brainless emotionalism, and by those who want to manipulate others by using peer pressure. Bad juju IMHO.
For anyone whose passion is learning, there is nothing of substance on Facebook.

Namaste,
Linda :-)