[permaculture] CO2 + sunlight = FUEL

Michael Elvin marimike6 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 09:48:42 EDT 2016

"Seems that some sensible researchers are making significant progress - a solar panel that absorbs CO2 and outputs a fuel gas. Sounds like a solution to me..."

Hey, problem solved. At least, as long as the tungsten diselenide holds out. We have abundant selenium, but tungsten may end up being in short supply. Still, other catalysts may well be developed now that the door has been opened to this line of inquiry.

One secondary benefit may be (I've just given the actual research only a cursory glance) that the process appears to shed an oxygen molecule. And while there's been quite a lot of furor over the increase in atmospheric CO2 in recent decades, hardly a word has been uttered about the apparent decrease in our atmospheric oxygen. Which is odd, considering how essential it is to our lives and those of the rest of the animal kingdom. A little more O2 might be just the thing we need, to alleviate our increased asthma rate.

 Seems that some sensible researchers are making significant progress - a solar panel that absorbs CO2 and outputs a fuel gas. Sounds like a solution to me...
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160730154602.htm

Georg
(Vienna, Austria, EU)
permaculture mailing list