[permaculture] Fwd: Need an expert with credentials

Michael Pilarski friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 21:32:59 EDT 2015

To whom it may concern, It has come to my attention that Bob Waldrop has been citedfor growing weeds in his yard. I have looked over his list and see no plants that therethat are considered noxious weeds with the exception of butterfly bush(Buddleia davidii) which is considered a weed in some states.  Alfalfa for instance is one of the main cropsgrown in western United States. Blueberries, blackberries, nanking cherries andmany other plants he mentions are commonly and widely grown as crops by farmersand gardeners.  Some of the plants arenative, such as yarrow, butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa) Eupatorium, prairierose, and sunflower.  Some are widelygrown ornamental plants such as hollyhock, day lily and Delphinium.   Permaculture gardens, such as Bob Waldrop’s, are oftenwilder looking then some gardening methods, but it is a valid gardening systemused by thousands (if not millions) of people worldwide.   My credentials for vetting his plant list are a 40-year careerin horticulture and agriculture. Michael Pilarski, Friends of the Trees Society Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds

Sign up for my newsletter at www.friendsofthetrees.net
www.facebook.com/michael.skeeter.pilarski