[permaculture] Would you like to attend a North American Permaculture Convergence?

Michael Pilarski friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 02:05:44 EST 2014

In case you haven’t seen this
announcement and request for input.

Dear permaculture friends,

At the recent International Permaculture
Convergence in Cuba, a group of North Americans got together to discuss the
potential for having a North American gathering. The group agreed that it was
desirable to do so, and that it was important to have a convergence in 2014
rather than wait until 2015 or 2016. We agreed to make it a North American
convergence rather than a US convergence because of interest from Canada and
Mexico. We recognized that moving beyond borders and including different
languages adds to complexity, but it also increases our diversity, which is
where our strength lies.

At the convergence, representatives from
Minnesota offered the use of their facility, Harmony Park: a 44 acre outdoor
events venue, 90 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul. This facility routinely
hosts events of 1000 people or more and has the means to feed, house and
provide presentation space to large groups. Based on this venue’s ability to
fully handle the physical logistics for a convergence, their relatively central
location in North America, and their willingness and interest in hosting a
convergence, we agreed to propose Minnesota as the location for the first North
American Permaculture Convergence, to occur in late August 2014. It is exciting
because not having an appropriate permaculture-based venue that could handle so
many people smoothly was one reason the convergence has not happened.

Your opinions about a North American
Convergence, what you would like to get out of it, and what you would like to
see accomplished, are important, and we have created a survey to facilitate
that process. It will help us a lot if you fill this out! Please share it with
your friends as well. Please note that there are essay boxes where you can
share more in-depth communications, needs and opinions with us.
Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/napc2014

We have a created a Facebook group for the
North American Permaculture Convergence that anyone interested can join and
participate in what is happening, as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/napermacultureconvergence/

We are looking forward to co-creating many
beneficial connections and a stronger, more resilient and collaborative
community!
Sincerely,
Ad Hoc Organizing Committee
North American Permaculture Convergence