[permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture and Capitalism

Koreen Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 01:00:56 EDT 2013

http://good.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=5b63a0823e3b9c105434c46d7&id=ea27197938&e=bb57b9151c

Tool lending library

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.facebook.com/growpermaculturenow
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition

________________________________
 From: Koreen Brennan <cory8570 at yahoo.com>
To: permaculture <permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Confronting the Context: Permaculture	and	Capitalism

Thanks much for posting all those great resources Lawrence. You are the resource king! Have you heard of locallygrown.net? We have a few of those going in our area, it's a great way for local urban farmers to find a marketplace on line and then deliver in person. They don't have to harvest crops until they sell them and they make 80% of the profits. Pretty sweet system. We also have a cooperative farmer's market and urban farming system, another one our graduates did that. There is a movement to get libraries to save seeds and tool share (a couple of them are "lending" out seed - the person is supposed to save seed from the crop and return some to the library for the next person). For whatever reason, maybe because recession is still hitting us here, alternative economies have caught on, with some people at least.