[permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 13 21:52:18 EDT 2013

On 3/13/2013 8:53 PM, Koreen Brennan wrote:
> Thank you for sharing these thoughts and insights, Scott and Linda.

I would like to express my appreciation as well, magnificent writing,
and thinking. Nearly all of us have our own stories to tell, what we
have seen and heard during our lifetimes that illustrates the
senselessness of the behavior of certain elements of society in
countries around the world. For me, it continues to be difficult to
believe that it could have happened at all. I cringe when some people I
talk to about this just say, "well, this has been going on for thousands
of years".

The obvious challenge is for us to try and create ways to help oppressed
people wherever they are, to reach them with presentations
of the best that permaculture has to offer, for them to learn and put
into practice where they live, to empower and lift them up so they
will become self sufficient, independent and self reliant within local
communities they create together.