[permaculture] Alternative/traditional methods of doing laundry w/o a machine (how?)

Jacqueline Greenleaf jacque at book-woman.net
Wed Mar 13 13:38:56 EDT 2013

Just a note for those who are considering it - I have a Wonder Washer, and it works well if you are mindful of its inherent limitations. The cranking mechanism is a little too fragile for my taste, but it really does get plenty of dirt out of your clothes with little effort. If you had a lot of clothes to wash, it would drive you crazy, and I wouldn't try to wash sheets in it. For a single person living in the woods, though, it was a huge help.