[permaculture] Rock Dust

tanya tanyagarden at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 03:30:40 EST 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Koreen Brennan <cory8570 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There's a lot of phosphate in pee. And in this town, we either ship our pee (well, not MY pee :-) out of town on trucks (!) or inject it a couple thousand feet under the earth. Jeez.  And then we strip mine and bring in rock from our WATERSHED.  How stupid is that???!!!!!

How much do you use? And at what dilution?

In the past I've used some at a community garden plot, but I used it
sparingly -- 1:5 dilution at least -- and ended up putting most of it
in the compost.

I've been wondering about using it on some container plants. Maybe
1:10? No more than once a month?

This time of year, most of the produce I'm picking is leafy greens, so
I don't want to use it directly on the garden. Mache, arugula, various
kales.