[permaculture] Fw: Regarding Agroforestry Resources

Richard Archer permaculture at juggernaut.com.au
Sun Mar 3 15:39:13 EST 2013

On 4/03/13 4:39 AM, Bryce Ruddock wrote:
> The USDA has a latge number of files that you can download on the topic of agroforestry. They will also send you hard copies if you so request. Go to the following link for topics agroforestry topics such as silvopasture, alley cropping, windbreaks, living barns, riparian buffer strips, and forest farming. These have been very helpful for me regarding the topic and many of the ideas are a part of Permaculture design. http://nac.edu/agroforestrynotes.htm

Try:

http://nac.unl.edu/agroforestrynotes.htm

See also the links at the very bottom-right of the page:

http://nac.unl.edu/alleycropping.htm
http://nac.unl.edu/forestfarming.htm
http://nac.unl.edu/riparianforestbuffers.htm
http://nac.unl.edu/silvopasture.htm
http://nac.unl.edu/windbreaks.htm
http://nac.unl.edu/specialapplications.htm
and
http://nac.unl.edu/workingtrees.htm

And remember to consider the mature heights of the trees and the root
extent, especially if the inter-cropping is to be irrigated! I see so
many plantings of inappropriate species... they are destined to be
removed in 10-15 years to the overall detriment of the system they are
intended to be part of.

...R.