[permaculture] Certified Naturally Grown: An alternative label toorganic

Pete Gasper, Gasper Family Farm farmer1 at gasperfarm.com
Sat Aug 31 23:41:59 EDT 2013

I have little faith in this label. I've known of several instances of
farmers using the label while not certified or admittedly engaging in
practices contrary to the cert and the organization did nothing.

Principles not paperwork. In the end inspections, paperwork, and
certifications cannot make up for what is essentially a moral problem. What
we need is personal integrity amoung farmers and a willingness to act on
them even if not profitable and be open about ones shortcomings.

Pete