[permaculture] help wanted - Content Manager

Marjory Wildcraft forestgarden at gvtc.com
Thu Aug 29 10:39:30 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to hire a Content Manager. I wonder if you know of someone
who might be good for the job?  I know I am asking a lot - I want
someone who is really exceptional, an A+ player, and someone who would
thrive on deeply meaningful work.  Someone who is already happily
employed. And at this time, I can only afford someone about half time.
Hopefully that will change pretty quickly....  I want it to become full
time as soon as revenues make it possible. People who work for me tend
to stay forever, and I love that.  It is a pretty dynamic job and there
will be lots of professional development. What that really means is
things change all the time and if you like to learn and figure things
out, then you'll find this job rewarding.
I've written a job description below.  If you know someone who would be
a good candidate, tell them to send me their resume to
media at marjorywildcraft.com <mailto:media at marjorywildcraft.com> and make
sure the subject line says "Content Manager Application PermList
Referral".  I'll be collecting and reviewing resumes over the next few
weeks.

Sincerely,

Marjory Wildcraft

Contract Position: Content Manager

Hours: self-directed, part-time, 80 hours per month

Department: Engagement Division

Compensation Range: $15 - $25/hr.

Job Description: The Content Manager is responsible for the management
and organization of the online presence and customer interaction
automation sequences.  The Content Manager receives articles, videos,
podcasts and other media from the content contributors.  The main
objective of the Content Manager is to increase the sites rankings
(SEO), and to help increase overall sales for the organization.

- Uploading and posting content on the organizations blog, YouTube
channel, podcasting, and article distribution networks.

- Proof reading and maintaining content quality and style standards.

- Managing the editorial calendar and coordinating with content
contributors.

- Uploading and maintaining website(s) advertising and banners.

-      Load up and manage email drops; both broadcast and follow-up
sequences.

- Backup content, site, and system files

- Occasional research to support content creation.

- Participate in company marketing brainstorming sessions

Skills and Attributes Needed: 4-years experience in operating blogging
and/or Internet marketing businesses.  A natural born spell-checker and
grammar nitpicker.

Proficient in WordPress, HTML, Microsoft Office, and Email
autoresponders.  Infusionsoft and/or video editing experience a plus.
Excellent Organization and Time-Management Skills, Excellent
Communication Skills, Dominant and Creative Approach to Problem Solving,
Able to Balance Multiple Projects, Detail Oriented With Dependable
Follow Through, Positive Outlook, Desire to Learn and Grow and Take on
Increasing Responsibilities

Career Path: As the organization grows, the position will expand to
full-time, and then to managing a team.  Other possible paths include
sales & marketing, customer service, or operations.

Values of Position: The Content Manager position must match exactly our
Company’s stated values.

Supervisor: Engagement Division Manager