[permaculture] soilless crop production

Scott Pittman scott at permaculture.org
Sat Sep 8 21:22:42 EDT 2012

Great suffering images of "Soylent Green"!  I have yet to see any
comparative nutritional data on hydr/aqua/aeroponics versus soil.  I can't
imagine that one receives the same nutritional value from water grown
plants!  What about the incredible interaction between soil biota and the
rhizosphere doesn't this have to provide some very special nutritive value?

Perhaps if I were taking a journey to Venus I would be tempted to survive on
such foodstuff but other wise I am deeply skeptical.

FWIW Scott

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
~Arundhati Roy