[permaculture] A better wheelbarrow

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 23 19:11:15 EST 2012

On 1/23/2012 4:01 PM, John D'hondt wrote:

> You are of course right Lawrence, You are the only one to know what system
> is most useful for you.

I could make good use of a one wheeled wheelbarrow; anything that works,
the right tool for the job. The Jackson contractor's wheelbarrow, all
steel with all components replaceable: I have worn out three over the
years moving rock, concrete, cement, dirt, rubble, yard waste and a
variety of other things. During my lifetime, second to sleeping, I have
spent more time using a shovel, and a few other garden tools, than on
anything else.

> Years ago we got the loan of a two wheeled barrow and it proved completely
> useless on our uneven ground. Unless you have hard and even pathways of at
> least the width between the two wheels it becomes impossible to move it with
> just one person.

Two wheels required for loads like this...maybe a dog team or two as well:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-cZcoT3oeLW8/Tx3dKBRNo9I/AAAAAAAAAEM/d2itCVgA5dw/w402/2wheeledcart.jpg

https://plus.google.com/photos/116100117925365792988/albums/5700259890779141377

Amazing to think of the coordination required of the man and the dog team.

Beautiful forest in the background, BTW.