[permaculture] How To I.D. Genetically Modified Food at the Supermarket « Kipnews | Kipnews.org | Knowledge is power

tanya tanyagarden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:30:12 EST 2012

re sugarbeets: as far as I know, refined sugar can be made from sugar cane
or sugarbeets, and the source does not need to be specified on the label.
So sugar may be GM if it's not organically grown.

Beets are not in the same family as brassicas. Why would there be
cross-contamination?
[Ben wrote, " ...brassicas (due to the possibility of cross-contamination
with GM sugarbeets)... "]