[permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] A New Years Wish for a Kuhnian Revolution

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 5 13:27:54 EST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] A New Years Wish for a Kuhnian Revolution
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:02:50 -0500
From: Karl S North <knorth at BINGHAMTON.EDU>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

For those of us who are occupied with the advancement of science as
learners or purveyors (or both), the stock-taking time of the New Year
might arouse the desire to pull back from the nose-to-the-ground daily
work and try to see the larger picture, how the way we currently do
science looks from a historical perspective and how it is evolving, a
view from Mars as it were.

So, for those of you who are so inclined, here is my perspective, a
critique developed over many years of the dominant way science is done,
and an example of how a program of training in agricultural science
might look after the revolution in science out of the dominant paradigm,
a revolution that is actually well under way in other fields of study:

Html version:Reductionist Science and the Rise of Capitalism:
Implications for a Programof Agricultural Science <http://karlnorth.com/>

Pdf version:
here<http://karlnorth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Reductionist-Science-and-the-Rise-of-Capitalism_-Implications-for-a-New-Educational-Program-of-Agricultural-Science.pdf>

Critical comments welcome.

  Best wishes for the new year,

--
Karl North - Northland Sheep Dairy, Freetown, New York USA
http://karlnorth.com/