[permaculture] New Fukuoka Book

Toby Hemenway toby at patternliteracy.com
Mon Feb 27 11:39:02 EST 2012

I just received this from Chelsea Green Publishing. They are sending me a copy for review and endorsement, and I can't wait to see it. We'll have to wait until June to see the published book, but here's a heads up:

"Chelsea Green Publishing is proud to be publishing in June the last major work from Masanobu Fukuoka, author of international bestseller The One-Straw Revolution (Rodale, 1978). This new book, titled Sowing Seeds in the Desert, is Fukuoka's last major work, and may just be his most important.

One-Straw spoke directly to the growing movement of organic farmers and activists seeking a new way of life. For years after its publication, Fukuoka traveled the world spreading his teachings and developing a devoted following of farmers seeking to get closer to the truth of nature. Sowing Seeds in the Desert, a summation of those years of travel and research, is Fukuoka’s last major work. Fukuoka spent years working with people and organizations in Africa, India, Southeast Asia, Europe and the United States, to prove that you could, indeed, grow food and regenerate forests with very little irrigation in the most desolate places."

More on the book here: http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/sowing_seeds_in_the_desert:hardcover

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com