[permaculture] Garden Tool Recommendations

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 5 18:47:25 EST 2012

On 2/5/2012 1:26 PM, David Muhl wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> It's February now and I feel my spring gardening fever coming on.  I
> started thinking about all the projects I'm hoping to accomplish this
> season, and then it occurred to me that some of my old 'blade' tools
> are just not up to the task(s) any more.  I've been reading a few
> online reviews on certain items, but felt some of the folks on this
> listserve would be a great resource for honest opinions.
>
> I would like to pick up some high-quality hand pruners, pruning saw,
> grafting knife, machete, and perhaps even a good tool belt tailored
> for gardeners and landscapers (something that could hold the other
> aforementioned items).
>
> Thanks to anyone who would like to share their opinions on any or all
> of these items.

Avant Geared
http://www.avantgeared.com
AG Tools
lifetime hand tools for home, shop, farm, garden, travel and trekking
Avant: culturally or stylistically advanced  Geared: one outfitted with
proper gear
(garden hand tools & online store coming soon)

Avant Geared Google+ page
https://plus.google.com/b/116100117925365792988/116100117925365792988/about

Pictures of tools I own and use on my market farm:
https://picasaweb.google.com/103223907782626104592/GardenTools

Farm and Garden Hand Tool Sourcelist & Biointensive Gardening Guide
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MP85QDZW4x8PXCeXEa0hyVbI98JEeHOLJcj71I1h3Ek/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Biointensive Farming
https://sites.google.com/site/biointensivefarming/