[permaculture] The US is no longer food self-reliant?

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Thu Aug 16 21:31:26 EDT 2012

If the currency collapses, the value of real estate denominated in said
currency will also collapse.

If you think we are headed into an economic collapse, now might be a
good time to get your money out of your house in a city.  However if it
is on near-horizon, you won't have much time to establish yourself in a
rural area.

You will almost certainly be better off maintaining your residence in
the city with your existing networks of support.  In general, I expect
that cities will do better during an economic collapse than rural
areas.  Rural areas are already in an economic meltdown and if the rest
of the economy goes, things will likely be worse in rural areas.

Bob Waldrop, OKC