[permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] Latter-Day Luther Nails Troubling Thesis to GM Farm & Food Citadels

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 29 13:01:20 EDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] Latter-Day Luther Nails Troubling Thesis to GM Farm
& Food Citadels
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:18:25 -0400
From: Steven McFadden <chiron at CHIRON-COMMUNICATIONS.COM>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Dear SANET readers
FYI, just posted to my blog.

Miigwech, Steven

After trucking across the high plains for five hours, and casting my
eyes over perhaps 100,000 acres or more of winter's still deathly gray
industrial farmland, I came face to face with the newly famous Dr. Don
M. Huber in the cave-dark meeting room of the Black Horse Inn just
outside the American Heartland village of Creighton, Nebraska.

On the morning of March 24, along with about 80 farmers and Extension
agents, I listened as Huber discoursed with erudition and eloquence upon
industrial farming practices that may be impacting nearly every morsel
of food produced on the planet, and that subsequently may also be having
staggeringly serious health consequences for plants, animals, and human
beings.

Huber is emeritus soil scientist of Purdue University, and a retired
U.S. Army Colonel who served as an intelligence analyst, for 41 years,
active and reserves. In Nebraska, he stood ramrod straight for three
hours with no notes and spoke with an astonishing depth and range of
knowledge on crucial, controversial matters of soil science, genetic
engineering, and the profound impact of the widely used herbicide
glyphosate upon soil and plants, and ultimately upon the health of
animals and human beings....

(snip)
http://thecalloftheland.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/latter-day-luther-nails-troubling-thesis-to-gm-farm-food-citadels/

Steven McFadden