[permaculture] Solar Food Dryer Web Link

georg parlow g.parlow at gmx.at
Fri Mar 25 12:10:19 EDT 2011

> http://www.solarfooddryer.com/SFD_Book_Info.htm

Thank you, I have had a look at this one, but I do not like it's
design. To my understanding we need to separate the heat-source and
the actual drying box in order to gain better control over the airflow
and thus over the temperature. Also the food we wanna dry sits right
in the sun (under the glass but still), which is not good for
preserving the vital content. So I am looking for a building plan for
a dryer, that has a box with a lid where we have the racks in, so the
food stays in the dark and the air flows trough the racks, and a
separate heat collector - and it would be great if there would be
thermometer at the hot air inlet, and a way to regulate the flow right
there, maybe mix it with cooler air just like water in a faucet.

Construction plans, anyone?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georg Parlow
g.parlow at gmx.at