[permaculture] Using a Cast Iron Skillet Ain't so Hard!

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 19 23:22:49 EDT 2011

On 3/19/2011 9:54 PM, paul wheaton wrote:
> Thanks Lawrence!
>
> If you have some pans that have a lumpy cooking suface, please take
> pictures - I could use a "before and after" picture set for the
> article.

I just did that to a fine 6" fry pan. I thought it was a cheapo but it
has a fine smooth machined cooking surface, a jewel. I'll look for
another that needs the treatment and take some B&A pix for you. I ought
to line up all my CA ware on a table in the sun for a group photo.
Discovered in a box a Wagner corn stick pan, pristine, no rust and well
seasoned. Also found a seasoned round frying griddle that looks just
like your new Griswold but no name embossed on it.

As for the treatment I use several size wood chisels to do the scraping
of rust deposits and black seasoning, then wire brush, Bon Ami and
stainless scouring pad.