[permaculture] Need name of eco farm | Movie to see: "Alamar"

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 13 12:56:34 EDT 2011

On 3/13/2011 12:00 PM, L. Santoyo wrote:
> Lawrence and Carmenza- thanks...
>
> This is great- another byproduct/nutrient recycling/stacking/next best use-
> permaculture story for me...
>
> LL, when you find the photo's of the processing let us know... I'll be
> teaching (and learning!) at a design course with Scott Pittman at a place in
> Mexico with similar practices. The Tosepan Titataniske Cooperative, in the
> northern mountainous region of Puebla, Mexico- where the coffee is a
> by-product of their biodiversity management program.

Larry, you would enjoy viewing the movie Alamar. It is a must see.

My FB comments posted last night during the viewing:

"....I want to go to the sea...even if I have to go walking..."

"...there's no hurry to get there..."
[quotes from the movie]

from a lovely movie I am watching on Netflix - a fisherman's idyllic
life on a Carribean island.

"Alamar"
             the movie - highly recommended
It is mostly a documentary about Banko Chinchorro in Mexico, the second
largest coral barrier reef in the world - in the process of being
declared a world ecological heritage site. They need to do the same with
Cuba, especially the rare very divers ecological zone they have there; a
movie has been made about it.