[permaculture] Permaculture Organic Cook/Chef Wanted for Permaculture Eco Lodge in South Ethiopia

Alex McCausland alex1mcc at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 11:41:39 EST 2011

Strawberry Fields Eco Lodge in Konso in the South of Ethiopia seeks an organic cook for its Permaculture kitchen. The position is ideal for some-one looking to spend time working in another culture and learning new things while teaching and contributing something back. The Strawberry Fields Eco Lodge project is a model Permaculture site which has its own gardens growing a wide variety of vegetables, trees and fruits. The lodge’s kitchen currently has trouble utilising all of the available foods growing in the garden as Ethiopian cooking is generally some-what inflexible in its approach to ingredients. We are therefore seeking a dynamic and imaginative young cook who is interested in taking on the challenge of working with our kitchen staff to develop new skills and new delicious dishes to make better use of what we can grow on our site. The cook will also have a chance to learn the Amharic language as well as to learn about Ethiopian cooking
 techniques. Food and living expenses will be paid for the cook along with pocket money (a local rate salary) of $100 per month. The time commitment is flexible, though 6 month minimum, ideally 1 year. For more info on Strawberry Fields Eco Lodge, please see our website www.permalodge.org and FB page www.facebook.com/permalodge

Requirements:
-    Experience of working in catering preferably vegetarian/orgnanic
-       Hard working, dedicated to the cause, enthusiastic
-    Some formal training an advantage
-    A strong character, persistence, patience in dealing with others
-    An interest to learn about new culture and language

Benefits:
-    Food and Accomodation
-    $100/month salary
-    Amharic lessons from a local teacher twice weekly
-    A chance to learn about Permaculture and its application in Ethiopia/Africa

More info www.permalodge.org

To apply please send a CV and cover letter to info at permalodge.org