[permaculture] Svar: Re: Ormus- ORMES

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 3 17:46:31 EST 2011

On 3/3/2011 6:55 AM, wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Rupert Sheldrake in relation to Darwinism.

Google him and found his interesting website.

Rupert Sheldrake, one of the world’s most innovative biologists and
writers, is best known for his theory of morphic fields and morphic
resonance, which leads to a vision of a living, developing universe with
its own inherent memory.
http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.html

Morphic Resonance
http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/papers/morphic/morphic_intro.html

some great drawings there

Cthulhu prototypes maybe...

> Perhaps you think that he too is "trying to hoodwink the ignorant."

I hope not.

I constantly indulge in endless aimless mind wanderings about the
infinite, about what I see as Nature and what I know of science
without arriving at some grand unified theory I think should be crammed
down people's throats invited or uninvited through deception, subliminal
methods, coercion or any other negative route. That's not education much
less cooperation or community.

This is a really great thread and I hope Toby's cold is better.
I am totally in sync with him about maintaining the integrity of the
teaching and practice of science while at the same time lean heavily
toward Steiner, spirits of the field and forest, spirit-animated
(living) creatures inhabiting other worlds outside Earth's atmosphere
and garden divas. I have been that way since early childhood, curiosity
about how things work, where they came from and probing the depths of
worlds of mystery.

For me the difference between A & B, i.e. creationism and science
is clearly illustrated when examining the limits of complexity and
dimensions of permaculture systems design (I guess we end up at Gaia or
somewhere thereabout). I see a creationist point of view as an
obstruction whereas science points and provides the way to answers and
solutions and ultimately design possibilities.

As for creationism I will gladly engage anyone in a discussion of
"a Creator" or "God" as such discussion applies to permaculture
and our use of this discipline to indentify/document/conserve/preserve
God's Creation, this gift of Planet Earth to humanity and all other
lifeforms
wherein we were allowed to evolve, co-evolve and flourish to our present
state of development. I don't think trashing our planet was in the grand
plan. I talk about this with my Christian neighbors out here in the
country; we all agree about the fact that were were given an
extraordinary gift and that we should care for it.