[permaculture] Rodale Institute Names Dr. Elaine Ingham as New Chief Scientist

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 24 18:22:27 EST 2011

January 24, 2011 10:42 AM Eastern Time
Rodale Institute Names Dr. Elaine Ingham as New Chief Scientist

World-renowned soil biology expert to join Rodale Institute

KUTZTOWN, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Rodale Institute, a non-profit
dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach,
today announced the appointment of Dr. Elaine Ingham as Chief Scientist.
Dr. Ingham has led Soil Foodweb, Inc. as president and director of
research since 1996, helping farmers all over the world to grow more
resilient crops by understanding and improving their soil. She is also
an affiliate professor at Maharishi University of Management in Iowa and
has served in academia for two decades.

"We are very excited to have her join our team."

In her new role as Chief Scientist, Dr. Ingham will take the lead on all
Rodale Institute research projects; act as the scientific voice for the
Institute as she travels worldwide; and help create a vision for the
future of food and farming.

"Dr. Ingham is a true, card-carrying Soil Biologist—a rare entity. As
one of the foremost authorities on practical soil biology management,
she is uniquely qualified to pioneer new frontiers of organic research
with the Rodale Institute," says Executive Director Mark Smallwood. "We
are very excited to have her join our team."

Since it's founding in 1947 by J.I. Rodale, the Rodale Institute has
been committed to groundbreaking research in organic agriculture,
advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating people about
how organic is the safest, healthiest option for people and the planet.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110124006098/en/Rodale-Institute-Names-Dr.-Elaine-Ingham-Chief

__