[permaculture] Vetiver

camille cimino camcim at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 15:34:03 EST 2011

Thanks so much for the information on vetiver!
Plants go in tomorrow.
Using the vetiver along the edges of a steep and long driveway to control erosion and slow down the water.
I am concerned they might get too high (6 - 8 ft) but as a back up plan it would not be difficult to cut them back once a year to keep them shorter.
I have read that cutting them once a year will keep them in the 4 - 6 ft range?
As far as I can tell the plants are also very ornamental which is great for landscaping applications.  Beautiful red/bronze color on the edges and curly tips.