[permaculture] about 20 china pheasants out my window

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 2 07:54:11 EST 2011

On 1/2/2011 4:30 AM, wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Why not put together a compilation of all your great clips and then
> sell them on DVD to folks that do not have access to youtube?
>
> You could always approach a professional production company with the
> view to using all the footage that you have as part of a longer
> documentary.  Homesteading type shows are getting more and more
> popular by the day.

He should do that himself, keep everything in-house. A longer work would be
in a category of its own. Another idea: upgrade video-audio to true
professional quality. Look at the amateur videos on Vimeo to see what
others have done. It takes more production time, a lot more in some
cases, but highly salable commercial products can result, especially in
the hands-on, how-to instructional videos. Of course you see a lot of
this given away on YouTube but still there's got to be a commercial
angle somewhere. With multimedia presentations they view on their
computers you can include, in addition to video-audio, text, doc's,
rtf's, pdf's, power point presentations to provide detailed how to
information, materials lists, cut lists, charts, lists, spreadsheets and
more. With upgrade versions of the presentations a customer could
purchase a single version or a version with subscription to upgrades,
downloadable through his passworded login account and product serial
number and expiration date.

> I am sure that we can think of lots more innovative opportunties if
> we put our minds to it.

Sell subscriptions to videos with pre-production discounts. (I can hear
Paul laughing).