[permaculture] Fwd: [SANET-MG] The Failure of the Genome

Mary Smith maryshaeffer at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 12:52:10 EDT 2011

Jonathan,

Thank you for posting this link.

I proposed that genes are indeed, responsible for disease. But the
responsible genes are not those in our DNA, but instead, in the DNA of the
foods we consume. There has been a direct correlation between the increased
incident of auto-immune diseases (diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc.) as
well as childhood conditions such as ADHD, ASD and asthma with the
introduction of and increased contamination of our food supply with GMOs.

Unfortunately, because of the patent laws that protect the industry that has
created these mutants, and our own Country's failure to regulate this
industry properly, little to no peer reviewed scientific studies have been
done on the short or long term health consequences to humans by these
organisms and the level of contamination in our food supply continues to
increase.

I am interested in ready any peer reviewed studies that have been done
regarding this issue. Please post any links.

Mary Shaeffer Smith
maryshaeffer at comcast.net
303-919-6314