[permaculture] The Rainbow And The Worm - Sent using Google Toolbar

Toby Hemenway toby at patternliteracy.com
Wed Apr 27 12:38:33 EDT 2011

Mae Won Ho has done amazing, groundbreaking work in evolutionary biology. I've been a big fan for decades. If, as people say, that her book is as groundbreaking as Schrodinger's "What is Life," its going to be significant. I definitely want to read it. Permaculture is about living organization, too, so there's going to be a lot of overlap.

BTW, "What is LIfe?" is a short book and still a very good read, not too technical and since it's off-copyright you can download it. Schrodinger used what he knew about physics--which was just about everything--and applied it to biology. WIL set the path for the next 60 years of biology. Erwin was was a sharp boy; had a solid knowledge of philosophy and Buddhism that he applied to physics. So Mae Won Ho is in fast company.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com