[permaculture] Eliot Coleman's seed starting mixture

Robyn Francis robyn at permaculture.com.au
Wed Apr 6 17:41:11 EDT 2011

Here we don't encourage the use of peat in any form as much of it is
extracted from fragile ecosystems and is a non-renewable resource. The
horticulture and nursery industries have decimated ancient boglands, moors
and other sensitive environments around the world.

We use coir or coco-peat as a substitute in our potting mixes, which is made
from the fibres of coconut husks, a renewable resource processed from a wast
product of harvesting coconuts for food.

Roby

--
Permaculture College Australia inc
Pathways to sustainability through

Robyn Francis
International permaculture design and
sustainability consultant, educator & facilitator

Djanbung Gardens
Permaculture Education Centre & Demonstration Farm
PO Box 379 Nimbin NSW 2480
02-6689 1755  /  0429 147 138
www.permaculture.com.au