[permaculture] In the sphere of fruiting trees such as pears and apple...

frances and/or david fdnokes at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:27:51 EDT 2011

I have a question about fruiting trees such as pears and apples and wonder
if this is the place to post it...
Have heard that we don't want plants in their area that will compete for
nutrients, and this made sense.
The pear seems to be responding well to my efforts last fall to clear out
the daisies, etc. in her area...
I am wondering whether there are things I can plant, such as cover crops,
that would enrich things for the pear or apple.
(alfalfa or red clover to fix nitrogen?)
Thanks for any and all responses,
Frances