[permaculture] official certification

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 19:05:33 EDT 2010

Killian,

As you know my main focus has been grass roots community at Pine Ridge and in urban settings. But I believe you are incorrect about policy makers not being able to make changes. Some of them are aware and ready and they are in a better position than a lot of other people because most of us have NO CLUE where the water supplies are that would supply a city like Los Angeles, for instance. The "water officials" know where the valves are, where the aquifers and wells are, where the dams should be laid to capture water and pavement torn up so water can soak into the aquifer, etc. These plans have been presented at city and county level in LA, for instance, and amongst key non-profits and community leaders. The average LA'er, HAS NO CLUE. If they happen to have rain barrels (probably about .0000001 percent of the population right now), good luck protecting the water from the neighbors.

Where disaster occurs, there will be people stepping up to the plate at bioregional level who know what is going on.  In many cases, those people will be blindsided and won't have a clue and will screw up royally. But where they are educated, they can save lives and preserve resources so it's worth educating them. You can bet I'll want policy makers in my neck of the woods educated!

We brought members of Ministry of Environment Haiti to our grass roots Pine Ridge property because we like to mix policy makers in with people's movements. It's an interesting energy and does very interesting things in the system. Fun and educational to observe....

Best, Cory