[permaculture] is it too late

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 22 13:41:49 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 1:10 PM, sals3 wrote:
> I got it down to once a week in summer deep.

Watering?

> I was thinking the soil life must be linked and maybe all that digging
> around old forest trees will brake that link. the microrizziem sorry spelling.

Only if you damage tree roots or expose them to excess drying; otherwise excess tillage may disrupt that link.
Dig your dirches and form your berms then fill the voids with compost; direct rainfall over your watershed into those berms.

mycorrhizae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycorrhiza
http://www.uwlax.edu/biology/volk/fungi3/sld020.htm
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/faculty/davies/research/mycorrhizae.html

> it may be too late

Not so.

> and I don't see any
> runoff the land . I may watch the water flow in a heavy rain this year and see if I get any ideas. folks starting out
> today are sure lucky as there is so much permaculture education that its almost a turn key way to grow. ok lets draw it
> out , ok lets put it in next week. bring in the cats or plow and and plants etc. and boom its up and working. how sweet
> it is . 4 or 5 years and you are sustainable. the ideas just keep comming . it really has been a one straw Road Back To
> Nature.

Yes. Wonderful vision for the future of sustainable agriculture and permaculture: The Road Back To Nature.
That's a great name for a blog. Go for it.

LL
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
http://ecolandtech.blogspot.com