[permaculture] Censorship: was Encouraging "volunteer" crops in urban landscapes

Linda Ray lindaray at att.net
Tue Nov 16 01:00:16 EST 2010

That's great :-)! I'll bet it will be a wonderful trip. He and I spoke via email a couple of times when I lived in FL (I left last year); I always wanted to do what it sounds like you are doing, but he was keeping to himself more then, I think.

Do you know there's a variety of tomato which is native to FL- the Florida Everglades Tomato- which is perennial? Also there's a pumpkin variety that was grown by the Seminoles which was said to have exceptional flavor.

There's also an outfit called ECHO over by Ft. Myers IIRC, they are a nonprofit org that researches little-known tropical foodsource plants.

You might have already known about these things, but in case you don't, there ya go...
Have a great trip :-).

Namaste,

Linda