[permaculture] Type one errors and positive advice...

John Thomas Naisbitt johntnaisbitt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:51:43 EDT 2010

I have been living in and out of Bocas del Toro Panama for over 7 years.
Recently it was brought to my attention that a group of concerned foreign
investors and residents have taken it up to themselves to assist local
remote families and communities with "safe" drinking water. I have seen the
systems which have installed utilizing PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) catchment
piping and supply lines. In addition to this, the entire area uses PVC for
their supply lines as the PVC pipe, which is made here in Panama, is
imprinted "Aguas Potables" or "Potable Water".... yet it is still PVC, not
HDPE or otherwise.

I am concerned and would like some of you to kindly send some comments to
the following group:

http://operationsafedrinkingwater.org/blog/

For further information on PVC and other building materials, I recommend:

http://www.healthybuilding.net/index.html

Or just the PVC:

http://www.healthybuilding.net/pvc/facts.html

Thank you for your help,