[permaculture] red wigglers

Brandy Davis brandydavis at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 22 12:30:00 EST 2010

Spring is coming.  Back last summer, someone posted about red wigglers
eating their cabbage and other garden stuff.  I live in Tennessee and
started using wigglers in North Carolina.  Rhonda Sherman at North
Carolina State University is the international vermicompost expert.

They make great compost in short order.  I'm wondering if the worms
talked about  in the Colorado Rockies are another species.  Reds don't
seem to invade the garden and like warmer temps.  (Mine are in the
kitchen now.)  A bin like the person had in NYC is perfect for them.
Just insulate in winter.

Brandy