[permaculture] Last day to sign up for GA PDC $50 discount

Tripp Tibbetts slowfoodguy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 13:43:00 EST 2010

Isabel,
We are moving to Macon (from cold, dry eastern Washington) late March, so I'll miss this PDC in Americus, but would love to meet up and check out what you're doing at Udan Farm.  We'll be digging up our young orchard and moving it, a chicken tractor, and a few barrels of finished compost with us!  And I could probably use some pointers on permaculture in a hot humid climate.

Any other economically-displaced contributors to this list, just a heads-up:  There are many VERY CHEAP properties for sale in the Macon, GA area.  We just made an offer on a 1940s crackerbox with 0.4 acres of soon-to-be food forest for full price at $7600.  And there are cheaper ones listed.

Any other permies out there in middle Georgia?  I know there is an Atlanta contingent, Lee Flier et al, but I'm looking forward to hooking up with anyone south of there to Tifton or so in particular...

Email on or off-list.

All my best,
Tripp

-Chinese proverb