[permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] trace element important for N fixing to occur

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 22 13:07:57 EST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] trace element important for N fixing to
occur.................... fertilizer and damage to soil microorganisms
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 07:03:55 -0800
From: William Evans <williamevans at COX.NET>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Molybedenum comes to mind.  Just a trace is needed, so I have read and
heard.  I believe it's needed by an enzyme involved w/ nodulation.
No moly- no nodules.  Other things are needed, to be sure, but w/o this
key trace element, you'll  get didly....

I must give credit to Dr Rateaver for telling me this , years ago
In addition, some non legumes can fix N through some sort of symbiosis
w/ the soil.  Alder is mentioned in the first link.

BillE

http://www.springerlink.com/content/qv1g02274w668704/fulltext.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS368US368&q=molybdenum+imp
ortance+nitrogen+fixing+nodulation&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=