[permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 15 02:11:49 EST 2010

On 12/14/2010, somemoron posting controversial private email wrote:
> From: anothermoron at aol.com  Sent: Tuesday,
> December 14, 2010 11:25 PM
> Followup re permaculture list serve
> to prevent my posting an url so members could read Seed
> Saver's Exchange's side of the Kent Whealy story, so I contacted some
> of the list members directly, to tell them that and give them the

You know, I grow vegetables for market, sustainably, permaculturally. I
depended on what used to be SSE. My beginnings in the world of natural
agriculture coincided with Kent Whealy's SSE. People like me thought we
could count on such a magnificent seed resource for many decades to
come. But not so, as it was stolen from Kent by slimy corporate ag
surrogates through a hostile internal coup by all the wrong folks on the
SSE board of directors. There aren't but just so many grassroots seed
preservation organizations that serve the sustainable farming community.
When one of the larger ones gets stolen, coopted and put under the
control of conventional, chemical, gmo-biotech agribusiness, that
represents a great loss for our country's small farmers preserving
traditional natural farming methods who need reliable sources of open
pollinated heirloom seeds.